Wednesday 15 September 2010

Jaime Jasso Digital Art

Jaime Jasso born in 1974 In Guadalajara Mexico, since the early times I love drawing and painting. I practiced and learned watercolor, oil, and airbrushing , later I moved from comic books to illustration. I found in matte painting and conceptual art a great field to develope into ,
in the middle 90’s I started to practiced computer graphics and started to learn the software
that’s how in 2001 I was co-founding as visual effects supervisor and art director of Metacube technology and - entertainment, in 2001 , I got a chance to learned from many talented people as Craig Barron at Matte World Digital , nowadays I work at Blur Studio in Venice CA. where I am Digital Matte artist and Scene Assembler. Jaime Jasso
 is a Digital Artist from Mexico and his work is just mind blowing – He works as a Digital Matte artist and Scene Assembler at Blur Studio in Venice, CA – The Universe he recreates are beautifully inspiring.

These two pieces are really amazing digital work by Jaime Jasso. The artist states: “I love drawing and painting I practiced and learned watercolor, oil, and airbrushing, later I moved from comic books to illustration”

Since I was kid, I was always fascinated by sci-fi and art, starting in comic books and traditional painting techniques such as oil, pencil, air brush, inks, and later found out that the computer was the ultimate tool. I tried it and of course fell in love with technology and how quickly you could get results with no stains on the floor or on your clothes. New video game cinematics are evolving into a new era, where the actual game has an incredible amount of detail and effects. The new cinematic has to always be the pre-rendered story teller and get the gamer into the game with realism and fantasy. This is where studios like Blur are implementing film VFX techniques in the pipeline to make the cinematics look awesome. Matte painting was used in Film before but now is a common tool for cinematic studios, due of course to the fast and high detailed results it gives, rather than trying to model and render big 3D Environments

This artist realy inspires me by the way how he has formed from matte paintings to be working on doing scenes for major games like halo wars, fable 2, prototype and many more but its the fact that he has gone even further and is working making sci-fi film scenes so not only is he an amazing matte painter but also a highly talented digital artist. He has changed the way how i look at things instead of just looking at the main good points of an image i am studying the whole image taking notes and making my own design to some of his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment