Tuesday 14 September 2010

Brad Schwede

Brad Schwede- Digital Graffiti Art
WG – How did you get into 3d design?
Brad – It’s really a spin off from my Career as a motion graphics designer -
I’ve been animating logos in 3d and TV Ads for 10 years so it was an
easy step.
WG – Where are you trying to get to ultimately with the 3d art? So you
working towards a plan or are you doing your art because you want to
make art? Both?
Brad – The original aim of the site and my work was to mix graffiti and
technology which means taking visual elements from technology and
using it in my design work. I saw so many modern devices that would
make perfect elements for graffiti designs. I got bored with that as
it was a bit limiting, now I want to start building up a folio of work
that explores what is possible with having graffiti as a 3d element.
The next step is to start incorporating my work into vision so that it
can be virtually stuck to the side of a wall or crawling up the side
of a building. I haven’t really seen this done before and I think it
would look good.
I love this artist’s work, I’m into graffiti and digital graphics as it is so now that Brad has combined these two techniques together just inspires as me as much as Jesus inspires Christians. The way he uses the same colours that is in the picture and is in the graffiti piece makes his work stand out even more and makes it blend it more. The reason he done this was because graffiti stands out a lot more if it’s with a background with some of the same colours instead of being on its own in one colour.  

Graffiti inspires younger people that are from negative areas street art like graffiti inspire kids into art and give them something to try and achieve because of how much they see around them. Some people think that graffiti is not art and just vandalism where as I think the complete opposite I love graffiti and would have it on the side of my house if someone just came along and done it.
WG – How long does it take to do a major piece of 3d graff art?
Brad – It depends on what style and what vibe I have in my head for the work.
I try not to spend more than 2 days on a work as a rule. Takes about a day to get a final 3d object to stat compositing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment